Bloodlines is DC Comics’ 1993 crossover intended to launch an entirely new roster of heroes for the 1990’s. In the popular late 80’s and early 90’s trend, the crossover runs through a wide variety of ongoing series annual comics.
For my money, the only major win from Bloodlines comes in the form of Tommy Monaghan, aka Hitman, the lead character of the excellent Garth Ennis and John McCrea produced Hitman ongoing a few years later.
The Bloodlines initiative actually coincides with the final third of DC’s Death of Superman, which provides some particularly relevant contextual story for the Superman-line annuals in Bloodlines.
To my knowledge, DC has never collected the entire Bloodlines saga in one trade or graphic novel, meaning dedicated single issue hunters are required!
Bloodlines Comics Reading Order
- Lobo Annual #1
- Superman: The Man of Steel Annual #2
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #1
- The Flash Annual #6
- New Teen Titans Annual #9
- Justice League America Annual #7
- Superman Annual #5
- Hawkman Annual #1
- Green Lantern Annual #2
- Justice League International Annual #4
- Robin Annual #2
- Action Comics Annual #2
- Legion of Super-Heroes (1989) Annual #4
- Green Arrow Annual #6
- Detective Comics Annual #6
- Adventures of Superman #5
- Deathstroke Annual #2
- Eclipso Annual #1
- Demon Annual #2 (Debut of Hitman)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #3
- Team Titans Annual #1
- L.E.G.I.O.N. Annual #4
- Bloodbath #1 to #2
Next: Batman Knightfall