Zack, Charlotte, and special guest Dave Busting continue our first miniseries on Superhero Subversions with a discussion of the Alan Moore run of Miracleman (1982). We cover all the issues in the newly released Omnibus.
– Is Alan Moore critiquing superhero comics? Taking them very seriously? Mocking them? Or a combination or the three?
– How groundbreaking was it for Moore to treat superheroes in this way?
– Who let this Dave jabroni in the recording booth?
Upcoming episodes in our Superhero Subversion miniseries:
– Sleeper, vol. 1&2 2003
Upcoming episodes in our Molly Knox Ostertag miniseries:
– Her online work: Strong Female Protagonist, Darkest Night, How The Best Hunter In The Village Met Her Death, Lord of the Rings fan comics, Hourly Comics
– The Witch Boy Trilogy: The Witch Boy, The Midwinter Witch, and The Hidden Witch
– Girl from the Sea, Shattered Sea, Dungeon & Dragons: Dungeon Club Vol. 1
You can find Charlotte at twitter.com/mymarvelousyear
You can find more Marvel Comics guides on Comic Book Herald at mymarvelousyear.com
Music for Extra Issues is credited to FM Skyline.
You can support Extra Issues via Patreon for as little as $1 a month at patreon.com/mymarvelousyear