Charlotte “Horny Redhead” Costigan, Zackie the Man-chanic, and special guest Sara Century begin a new series covering the renowned comic book publisher Fantagraphics. This is the first of two episodes covering Love and Rockets, focused on the work of Jaime Hernandez. Our second episode, coming in five months, will cover Gilbert Hernandez’ work.
Comics covered in this episode:
Love and Rockets Library Editions:
– Maggie the Mechanic
– The Girl from H.O.P.P.E.R.S.
– Perla La Loca
– How does a comic that is so specific to a time/place also feel so universal?
– Will Maggie and Hopey find true love???
– Is this comic unapproachable for new readers? But also is it the best comic ever written? Can the answer to both questions be “yes”?
Upcoming episodes in our Fantagraphics miniseries:
– Dungeon Quest/ Megg, Mogg, and Owl/ Prison Pit
– My Favorite Thing is Monsters/ Monsters
– Black Hole/ Dementia 21
– Love & Rockets (Gilbert Hernandez)
– Love and Rockets Library Editions:
– Heartbreak Soup
– Human Diastrophism
– Beyond Palomar
You can find Sara Century’s work at https://saracentury.com/
You can find Charlotte at twitter.com/mymarvelousyear
You can find more Marvel Comics guides on Comic Book Herald at mymarvelousyear.com
Music for Extra Issues is credited to FM Skyline.
You can support Extra Issues via Patreon for as little as $1 a month at patreon.com/mymarvelousyear