Hi Heralds! I’m excited to announce my plans to kick off a new monthly reading club, where you, me and like-minded comic book fans dive headfirst into renowned major runs throughout comic book history!
In order to get there, though, I need your help. If you like Comic Book Herald, and are able to support, contributions to Comic Book Herald’s Patreon go a long way to building a better CBH. We’re 70% of the way to the Mega-Run reading club goal, so a few more supporters and we can get there in time for the Post-Avengers: Endgame May 2019!
Here’s the goal as detailed on the CBH Patreon page:
Launch the Mega-Run Reading Club, where we binge 1 great series per month, like Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing, Grant Morrison’s New X-Men, and Marvel Star Wars!
Access will be applicable to all tiers, with the following exclusive benefits added to patrons at the $5 tier:
- Access to Mega-Run Slack channel for book discussion (thanks to Zack at My Marvelous Year for the idea!)
- A random patron from this tier will be selected every month to discuss the book on the Best Comics Ever podcast with me
- Priority voting on selecting the club’s next read-through
We’ll vote each month on the club’s run of choice, but it wouldn’t be a Comic Book Herald production if I didn’t already have a list in mind.
Here’s what I’ve concocted so far, completely unedited with lots of doubt baked in to each pick:
- April – Hellboy!
- May – Moore’s Swamp Thing — bonus… Marvel Godzilla (?)
- June – New X-Men
- July – Dan Slott Spider-Man (Spider-Island, Superior… Whole thing?)
- August – Post Claremont New Mutants
- September –
- October – Tom King Batman (?)
- November — Sonic the Hedgehog comics (?)
- December — Marvel Star Wars (new canon, or 70’s?)
So, if this sounds like something you’d be into, check it out and consider supporting CBH directly. As always, even if you don’t, thank you for checking out Comic Book Herald and I hope to see you around the site.
Enjoy the comics!