The World of X Gets Decimated
As if life wasn’t hard enough being a mutant, the events of House of M change what it means to be unique forever (or at least until later in the decade). The Decimation series of trades focuses on the House of M fallout in the mutant community. With the exception of Son of M, which features slightly broader Marvel universe horizons, the collection of trade comics below is very X-Men/Kids/Women/Pets heavy. If that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, and you couldn’t wait to get through House of M, jump on ahead towards Civil War.
Otherwise, enjoy the uphill battle facing Marvel’s mutants below!
Previously: House of M & Tie-Ins
Decimation Trade Reading Timeline
- Decimation: X-Men – The Day After (Decimation: House of M – Day After one shot & X-Men 177-181)
- As mentioned in the House of M guide, the Decimation: Day After one shot is included in the Mutant-focused trade that concludes the trade reading order. If you’ve already purchased it among the House of M tie-ins, I’d be cautious purchasing this trade. But as always, it’s your world, do what you wanna do.
- New X-Men (20-23)
- Decimation: X-Men – Generation M (1-5)
- Decimation: Sentinel Squad O*N*E (1-5)
- X-Men: The 198 (1-5 + oneshot)
- Decimation: X-Men – Son of M (1-5)
- Uncanny X-Men #466 to #474
- New Excalibur(1-5)
- You might want to check out this trade if only for the Amazon reviews. Brutal!
- X-Men: Deadly Genesis (1-6)
- Uncanny X-men: Rise and Fall of the Shi’ar Empire (475 – 486)
- Not a direct decimation tie-in, but appropriate follow-up to Deadly Genesis and fills in some important X-Men gaps.
- X-Factor, Vol. 1 (1-6)
- X-Men: Endangered Species
- The Endangered Species arc can be a challenge to read in order as it largely ran as bonus pages in the back of various X-lines. The Trade collects the entire arc (focusing on Beast’s efforts to solve the Mutant problem – it involves The High Evolutionary, Dr. Strange, and The Scarlet Witch) which makes everything much easier. If you want to start reading in Marvel Unlimited, you can do that here.
Issue by Issue Decimation Reading Order
Decimation: House of M: The Day After #1
Sentinel Squad #1-5
New X-Men #20
Mutopia X #5
New X-Men #21-23
Son of M #1-6
X-Men: The 198 #1-5
Generation M #1-5
X-Men: Deadly Genesis #1-6
Uncanny X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi’ar Empire (#475 – #486)
X-Men: Endangered Species
If you like what you see on Comic Book Herald, or want more of a personal guide to the Marvel Universe, I recommend checking out the Comic Book Herald reading club. Join hundreds of new, returning, and faithful comic book readers as we navigate hand-picked selection from the Marvel comics library!
Heroically Support Comic Book Herald!
If you like Comic Book Herald, and are able to donate, any small contribution will help keep CBH alive and full of new comics guides and content. Donate here! Or learn more about easy ways to support Comic Book Hearld! Thank you for reading!